Monday, September 10, 2012

Vietnam Vet Leaves This World – To Live in the Trees

“I’ll take the trees – if you please.”
Vietnam Vet Leaves This World – To Live in the Trees
Sept 10, 2012 | Jim W. Dean | Veterans Today

A Green Beret Medic Comes Home in 1974 and after Many False Starts Becomes King of the Tree House World  

“One of the big things in my life was to try to make a living at something that I liked…on that I didn’t sell out on.” …Mike Garnier  

I have a gem for you today folks. Mike Garnier moved to Oregon to put down roots after Vietnam but his desire to make a living working with wood initially ran into one disappointment after another.

Eventually, he raised his sights, literally, to the trees on his property. The rest is now history. He’s the king of Tree House mountain.

Mike owns more tree houses than anyone on the planet. And if you don’t think that’s a big deal, watch the video.


As I began watching the video for the first time myself, I knew right away I was going to feature it on VT just for the great treehouse story alone.

The first bullet quote that had me diving for a notebook was,
“I had to figure out how to make a living off the trees without cutting them down.”
Read more..

 

1 comment: