Sunday, October 21, 2012

Israeli Crimes Against Humanity

Israeli Crimes Against Humanity
Oct 21, 2012 | Lisa Guliani

Before leaving for work this morning, I posted a report on my FB profile about the Estelle, a humanitarian aid ship en route to Gaza, which was surrounded and stopped by the Israeli military, having come so close to its final destination.

In the report, I read the following comment made by a Senior Israeli Defense Ministry official:
"He denounced the activists as 'provocateurs who are driven by hatred for Israel' and dismissed the 'humanitarian crisis in Gaza' ..."
We are constantly subjected to similar language coming from the Israeli political leadership regarding who 'hates' Israel. According to the mouthpieces for the Israeli crime syndicate 'government', if we were to actually believe what they tell us, then we would believe that all the world 'hates' Israel. Israel's propaganda machine has been saying the exact same thing - that this or that one 'hates' them - for the whole of my life to date - and for far longer than I've been alive.

I was thinking about the Estelle this morning on my walk to work. I thought about the Mavi Marmara aid ship attacked by Israeli forces in 2010, in which several activists were killed and others were injured. I thought of the people of Gaza, waiting with hope for the arrival of Estelle today, only to have that hope stolen from them once again. I thought of the Estelle crew, seized at sea, branded as 'threats to Israel', and imagined how they must be feeling right about now.

I thought of the siege on Gaza, and what has been done to the people of Palestine over the last several decades, and my mind began to think other thoughts too, about this world we live in and the people of this planet - and wondered WHY the world allows this to continue. WHY are the various governments of the world allowing this to continue? WHY aren't all these forces uniting to break this blockade once and for all? WHEN will it all end? I thought, too, of the government I'm supposed to call my own, the U.S. government, and how it enables the Israeli government to perpetrate crimes against humanity with American tax dollars - and in my heart, I know I will never respect either of these crime syndicates posing as governments.

Read more..

No comments:

Post a Comment