Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Meaning of Having Heart

© Back Door Survival
The Meaning of Having Heart
Oct 3, 2012 | Gaye Levy

Today, as things continue to deteriorate around us, I feel that it is important for all of us to step up and have heart for the good people in our community.  These are the people that are ordinary, hard-working, law abiding citizens that have been caught in this economic slump with no job (or a lousy minimum wage job), no safety net, and not a whole lot to look forward to.  
 
I personally feel a lot of compassion for these people and want to share my thoughts on “having heart”.  I have used that term often and yet when I tried to find the origin or that saying, I drew a blank.  So, lacking something better, let us go with “having the passion to care and to show kindness to your fellow man”.

Now you might ask:  Why this?  And why today?

I will answer that but first, I want to let you know that back in July, I sent a version of this article to my newsletter subscribers. At the time, my newsletter list was new and I only had a few hundred subscribers which means that only a handful of my readers have seen this.  And so I share this today, because for me – and I hope for you – the message is important.

What is wrong with this picture?

Read more..

No comments:

Post a Comment